PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 11th May 2010, 15:37
Bridchen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gr8ballsoffire, I do apologise. I took it from your name that you had gr8tballsoffire. I didn't think that would have such an effect on you, or you'd take it so seriously.

The postal ballot takes 4 weeks and I suppose that would have taken the result past, or too close to the 12 week deadline before another ballot for industrial action would have to take place. And so on!

No one is identified by this system. No it's not perfect. It just sounded like you were implying that some sort of intimidation could have gone on. I don't believe so, and I wouldn't want any crew members to think that they couldn't make the vote of their choice in the future for fear of that. We must be safe to express our faith or distrust in the union or they won't get the message. We are safe to vote anonymously.

There was a lot of apathy for voting, as some people genuinely don't know who to believe anymore. Approx 3200 BASSA members not voting is not good.

Last edited by Bridchen; 11th May 2010 at 15:40. Reason: spelling