PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2010, 15:27
SpringHeeledJack

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
I can fully appreciate that the CC on older contracts would be very unwilling to see their work conditions changed and remuneration(s) with it, but times have changed and perhaps not for the better. Facts are that cost savings are urgently needed and unfortunately the CC branch are prime candidates to be 'pruned'. Further industrial actions will only make the participants feel that they went out with their heads held high, roaring like lions instead of squeaking like mice. And then WW et al will prune them from the BA tree and life will go on. The writing is on the wall.

As an aside, I took a long haul round trip with BA recently and it was during the strike periods. Strangely the outward bound flight with 'volunteers' was perhaps the most laid back and pleasant flight i've ever had with them, only no warm food souring the experience. The return was with normal CC and was noticeably less 'friendly'. Perhaps stressed by the strike situation, who knows, but as a paying customer my expectations were not met.

I used to work in an industry where wages and job perks were cut drastically. It was not a pleasant experience to see the monies re-distributed to others at the time, yet now with a bit of time to see the wood from the trees it was inevitable and i wish that i might have saved myself much anguish by accepting it earlier on instead of fighting and wasting energy. Love him, hate him, but WW was hired to do a job that he had experience in and he will carry it through on the orders of the directors Good luck!

SHJ