PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why only few pilots join Vietnam now?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2010, 14:05
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can tell you straight from the horses mouth if you like. Screening for captains is a APU u/s push back and then single engine work. just single engine work for F/O. Then the TRE can select from a list including dual hyd, dual IR, dual ADR. SOPs are not so important as you will be with a partner from another part of the world. Get together with them and have a chat about how you will play it.

Definition of single engine work: V1 cut, single engine GA, NPA AP on, ILS raw data no AP, single engine landing. 20 kt x wind. Weather at minima.

The last Captain to fail that i know of flew in from Europe on the morning of the sim and met the other captain 1 hour before they got in the sim. Why why why?

Probeusmc. I know him. everything he says is straight up.

Top Tup. Who on earth are you. You have got to be an Australian. you're not in vac so gob shut please as you have insulted a friend of mine who i respect for his decisions. He was and still is a very experienced Captain with a great reputation. We have a big problem with guys falsifying hours etc. It's a small world though and the truth will catch up with them. If these guys were only s/o then they will be found out and if i had my way be shipped off to jail. ex AI ex jet ex anz ex nasa ex whatever..who cares the result should be the same. If they're no good they should be flicked off. Anyone who thinks line training here is 100% pass rate should think again. If you are substandard you won't pass.

It's a rumour network but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out who some people are.

Last edited by ia1166; 11th May 2010 at 14:38.