PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS - without the personalities
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2002, 12:54
Doug Stott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creampuff - my info is that the office made available for this project is at the RAAF base at Canberra airport. I would think that a def em address is a result of that. (??)

Capt 2400 - A difficult question, but I suggest that if we are to experience any change whatsoever then it has to be sold to those players that will be expected to use it. That in some cases will not be a walk in the park. The processing of change is never easy as there is always very entrenched culture that has to be sold on the alternative. On the other hand are you saying that certain aspects of the present model are ones you are not prepared to consider for change if an appropriate case for an alternative is presented to you? I would suggest that the consultation should result in conscience, depending on how it is 'sold'. As I understand it, NAS is a package and I doubt if you can just add or take away bits here and there to suit?? Sure some aspects will be open to some panel beating, but I doubt if there will be any wholesale changes due to the implications of covering off those changes in the safety case.

4711 - I have always thought there was a place for class F and continue to believe that is the case. In fact what we have now as G many believe is closer to F than G. On the other hand, if you are going to change the existing G to another type of G, then I strongly believe there is a role for F in the change process so that there is minimal misunderstanding during any change of what type of G you might be in !! The use of F during any transition would be a significant aid to education. If education is the make or brake of any such change then it (F) has to be seriously considered, both in the long and short term.

Maaate - in regard to your comment re the proposed Airspace Directorate - this is one thing that industry through the RAPACs have been pushing for some time as the existing situation has not been perfect, and would certainly not be tenable once ASA are opened to competition. Various proposals seem to indicate a small office taking on the responsibilities that ASA presently have for the management of airspace. It would most likely be within DoTRS and have both civil and military participants. It would I believe (amongst other things) be responsible for promulgation of PRD areas and other airspace, audits, various databases, International liaison and the facilitation of the RAPACs etc. I doubt if it will be high profile and would not necessarily be involved in the NAS project. The exact detail we will have to wait and see.

Woomera - thanks for the support. This is a subject that is not going to go away for some time and I think we need to ensure that everyone gets to see what is proposed and be given the chance to comment - both in this forum and elsewhere. Your help in keeping it on the rails within Prune has the potential to help significantly.

Mike - No doubt you will correct any errors of fact in my comments.

cheers

Last edited by Doug Stott; 21st Jul 2002 at 13:05.