PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PaYG 3G USB modem
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2010, 00:15
eticket
cheerful pessimist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is funny how sometimes you come across a post / thread on PPRuNe and you create a reply and just before you post it you think to yourself. 'Hmmm am I right? I had better check that on G88gle or I will get slaughtered by the other far more knowledgeable members'. And then you find a gem. Until someone far more knowledgeable than yourself puts you right of course.

So here is the 'gem' for 3 Mobile Broadband dongles.

By the way, if anyone is experiencing slow speeds with 3 Mobile Broadband, one of our users, Paul Tait offers the following advice: right click on the network icon (two little flashing computers in the bottom right hand corner of your screen) and click on connect to a network. Click on the 3 usb modem but with the second button and click on properties. In the window that pops up, click the configure button and another window will pop up showing the maximum speed. Sometimes the maximum speed has been set to the default value of 115200 which will cause your modem to be slow. If this is the case change it to 921600 and click OK. If this works for you, please let everyone know by submitting a review below. And thanks to Paul! [Reply by Pauline on 20th May 2009: Followed instructions re changing to faster speed and it has worked brilliantly. Have had my 3 mobile broadband for around 5 months now and it gives excellent service.]

This comes from:
http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/3-mobile-broadband.htm

Now I have just tried this on my 3 mobile dongle and the thing was set to 115200 and having made the change it is really flying compared to what it used to do.

Now someone will tell me that I shouldn't have it at this setting !

I have ditched my original post!