PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hydraulics B757
Thread: Hydraulics B757
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2010, 21:31
Prober

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three comments for what it is worth. Yes, Zorsan, you will never stop learning! Second, RECALL and CANCEL. I always instructed students NOT to cancel (if only PARK BRAKE is showing), for exactly the reason you quote. The PARK BRAKE discrete is not very noticeable, especially on a sunny day. My Boeing manual (admittedly a very old one), says that the PARK BRAKE light indicates the position of the PARK BRAKE VALVE (nothing to do with latching on the pedals or whatever). If the PARK BRAKE VALVE gets stuck, then when the PARK BRAKE is released (and the aircraft taxies away), the light will not go out. Maybe this has now changed – I am afraid I don’t know, I’ve now hung up my flying helmet. Third, on my conversion course (in the days even before the aircraft had VNAV functioning), we were taught by Boeing instructors and they told us to switch on the HYD pumps as you describe. The 3 reasons were as follows: individually because of the electric overload, xfer of fluid as described and Loadshed. R HYD, then C2 –wait for it to show – then C1 – wait for it to show – then L HYD. This will loadshed C2, showing you that C2 works, C1 works and Loadshed works. I apologise if I am not correct, I have now passed my “sell by date”.