PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 how to save this landing
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2010, 18:50
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-SPOTs Lost,

If you are using it, the A/THR normally sorts it out pretty well. If not, and you are very low, I suggest a go-around is a wiser move than trying an uncontrolled burst of thrust, followed by reversion to A/THR (see CONF_iture's post). A late switch to manual thrust is also not to be recommended.

Chris
Thanks Chris

So an expensive possible once around again 30 minute go around instead of adding some power to arrest a decreasing performance gust of wind.

Nobodys suggesting an "uncontrolled burst of thrust" just enough to keep the desired speed whilst arresting the ROD a tad.....forgive me this is what we get paid for no?

I've never flown Airbus as you can probably tell and it cant be this bad otherwise we'd see more go arounds from Airbi, you're comments fan the flames of the accusations that FBW degrade core skills...

In many ways Im slightly flabbergasted that we're heaping ultimate speed control onto the AT in circumstances that by the sounds of it it cant always cope with, when it cant cope we're advocating a go around rather than flying the aircraft close to the ground because its unwieldy to manipulate the thrust levers