PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B.m.i. Announcement Next Week!!!
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2002, 09:40
Bash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmi regional is already a Ltd Company. British Midland Regional Ltd trading as bmi regional. It has an AOC and a complete stand alone management structure based in Aberdeen. It leases aircraft and crews from bmi and operates routes for bmi. It also buys certain services such as maintenance and payroll from bmi. I'm no corporate expert but I don't think a company of bmir size that does not actually own a lot of assets could be floated, (assuming you mean a public stock offer). However, it could be sold tomorrow if the holding company wanted and a buyer existed.

It's actually a strong company with a record of growth and survival. It might fetch a good price but not in the current market. Still got a few equipment problems to sort out as well. Anyone got a few million they want to invest? Might get a bargain now and make a killing in a few years time.

It's bmi baby that has a lot to do before it can be sold. Surely that is where the dramatic changes will come if there are any. Personally I'd bet on a bit of a damp squib.

Last edited by Bash; 21st Jul 2002 at 09:49.