PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B190 Crew insight?
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2010, 12:07
Contract Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the question, does anyone have anything in writing saying you CANT tow a fully loaded 1900 every day?

The simple reason I ask is that it is happening daily to not only me, but ALL 1900's operating for a particular client who INSISTS on it with NO valid reason being given (though I belive it makes the bosses windows shake if I start up close to his office????)

The 1900 was designed to be a self contained unit needing NO ground support, it is NOT a CRJ or 737 or allike that had daily handeling requirements incorperated into the design, it is meant to be operated without pushback and tug in before and after every flight. Thats the way it was intended to be operated. One only has to look at its pissy little nose wheel to see that it was not ment to be dragged arround at max all up constantly. The problem is, there is NOTHING I can find to support my discomfort with the "possible" long term damage and metal fatige that this "may" cause and thus have to continue with the clients wishes.

Any ideas???

Dog