PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in Norwich
Thread: PPL in Norwich
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2010, 10:43
asthecrowflys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seething Training

Seething do certainly do things differently, but allow me to add some of the positives, first is the cost. The training aircraft is a very nicely presented Cessna 172 that will cost you about 100.00 an hour to fly. Unless anyone can tell me different I think this must be one of the cheapest in the UK, if not Europe and is certainly cheaper than flying at an American school.

Whilst training, and of course after, you have access to some very experienced instructors. Some people believe that one instructor throughout you training is best. Having trained with 5-6 at Seething I can only say that you will benefit from the experience that all can impart to your training.

As someone else mentioned in the thread, some are current long haul captains on major airlines. They all give their time free hence the low cost of training. (And you are all appreciated by students past and present).

The facilities are excellent, and being improved on all the time. Seething is a members club run by the members for the members and all monies received are re-invested. Soon will see the adition of new training buildings for ground school.

So whats the downside? Do not consider training at Seething of you are in a hurry to get your license. Expect two years. If, like me, you can not afford to train quickly, but want to spread the cost over a sensible and achievable time frame the I do not think that their is anywhere better. A new training manager Dan G is coordinating all training and he can be contacted through the website if anyone wants further information. See you there.

Seething Airfield - Flying Club