PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frohnsdorff Runs Amok (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2002, 20:59
airrage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuzzy,

I repeat,
I am NO-ONE's Secretary and it is not my job to seek out answers to your questions. Refer specific questions about the NEC's process to your CC rep.

As for BA's Current finacial situation it is not great but more survivable than most including Virgin, BM, etc, etc. So unless you're counting on the whole of the UK's airlines going down the drain I suggest you get your facts correct.

To quote Rod Eddington in a recent interview, when asked,

"Would even a mini-repeat of 11 September kill BA?

Eddington reckons BA's buffers are so strong that it would have to be 'twice as bad as 11 September or the Gulf War' - if that is imaginable - in order to scupper the carrier by blasting a £2bn hole in its revenues. He reckons BA has £1.2bn of cash reserves 'to hand', £600m in available (banking) facilities together with 'substantial assets that we could liquidate if we wanted to' - and is nowhere near even contemplating a rights issue."

BA has £1.2bn of cash reserves - How much is your outfit worth in total FUZZY ?

But then I suppose you'll tell me he's just lieing or doesn't know BA's Situation better than some guy who calls himself FUZZY on a Pilot Forum. And I suppose you can tell me how BA can collapse with 3.2Billion pounds worth of Liquidity.

Care to quote me Saben's or SwissAir's financial balance sheets when they collapsed FUZZY ? IF not then you might as well compare BA to the Titanic for what relevance it has.

Final Point FUZZY, BA is no longer a National Airline as you state, it has been Privatised. Another FUZZY CLassic Post of Irrelevance and Inaccuracies.