PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2010, 16:33
HarryMann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, flameout optional and not yet a given requirement, but possible?
But an excellent overall synopsis agreeing that a deteriorating lateral stability situation could have played a major part, particularly in an early and rapid course change... one also wonders whether we should postulate that the shorn-off spoilers as consequence of airborne rather than impact related stresses...

I do hope contributors will avoid trying to connect (tie-together) the actual BEA sea-surface impact conclusions with the prior (LOC) trajectory.. there is really no need to assume that partial or full control was not regained prior to impact (i.e. that flight problems at cruise can be realted to impact attitude/speed). There are many other ways the descent and the actual crash into the sea could have been connected together, without one continuous event, surely?

Also still reminding myself that this was a terrifying few minutes for so many on board and a very bad night for civil aviation generally... many lessons must be learned, and as usual, no doubt it will be found that so many should have been learnt before and lessons implemented properly so many years ago - I am sure that 'basics' are involved here that people died for long ago!

Last edited by HarryMann; 9th May 2010 at 18:42.