PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nick - another why does this happen...
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2002, 07:18
[email protected]

Received 673 Likes on 297 Posts
FD, I can only assume you are a 'wind-up' merchant as you now doubt the words and wisdom of Nick Lappos and flatly refuse to hear any application of theory that might oppose your own ravings on this topic.
As for experience - well your profile doesn't give any information whatsoever - it is even possible you are a wannabe with very limited experience indeed.
As for me, well as a military A2QHI with 6000 hours in helicopters and 2000 hours instruction - I guess I must be Mr Thickie here as I have only taught effects of controls a few thousand times and probably haven't got enough experience to match your awesome abilities.

PS the nose drops because you are moving the horizontal stabiliser into different ares of downwash (the downwash is stronger behind the retreating side of the disc than it is behind the advancing side).
PPS I have actually flown a 206 and it does not do what you claim.
PPPS. If you believe so strongly in precession as the cause of phase lag (yes that's the phrase you were looking for) then a certain Mr Luckerman might want to add you to his Christmas card list.

I started this thread hoping for an answer to a question but it seems there isn't one.