PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian RT
Thread: Canadian RT
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2010, 11:28
shanx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canadian RT is valid for Lifetime and Canadian CPL is valid till Canadian Medical. Normally the Canadian medical is valid for 5 years. SO according to above mentioned rule my RTR issued on basis of Canadian RT and CPL will valid for 5 years or 20 years?

If I keep renewing my Canadian medical after every 4-5 year ( before it expires) will my Indian RT will be valid for 20 years in that case ?????
rig73alok,

Are you sure the Canadian CLASS 1 medical is valid for 5 years ???

Once 12 months have passed since your last medical, your Canadian CPL is no longer valid because in order to hold a valid and CURRENT Canadian CPL, you must be in possession of a valid and current Canadian Class 1 medical.
If you are over age 40, then your Canadian CPL is no longer valid once 6 months have passed since your last medical.

Im not very sure about the validity of Canadian medicals, but Im sure it would be on the lines of most Commonwealth nations.

Atleast according to this link (not sure if there have been any changes)
Part IV - Subpart 4 - Medical Requirements - Table of Contents - Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) - Regulations - Aviation Safety - Air Transportation - Transport Canada

Therefore, even if you directly apply for an Indian RTR(P) on the basis of having a Canadian CPL and Canadian RT, you'll still need to keep renewing your Canadian Class 1 medical every 12 months till the age of 40 and every 6 months thereafter.