PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 9th May 2010, 08:07
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for the previous strike being a '"washout"....we will have to disagree on that idea, but I suppose if you believe all that comes out of the BA spin machine you will think that.
I don't need to believe the BA spin machine, I just need to look at my logbook and read the number of flights that didn't get cancelled when the most important part of BA (BASSA's words not mine) walked out on their 'crippling' strike.

The CRC was full, the flights were busy and my roster over BOTH strikes was impacted very little.

But then that comes when you believe the BASSA spin machine as well.

I firmly believe that the company have got this in grip, BASSA however have lost touch with reality.

Unite want closure, sadly after the Pensions debate when Unite forced BASSA's hand BASSA demanded a change in the rules. Now only BASSA may call off the dispute. As they have lost sight of the original causes and only seem to want to concentrate on protecting their mates and demanding back 'perks' they are willing to throw the members to the lions for it.

Shame really as the vast majority of CC are good, well meaning and intelligent people who can see what is happening hence they broke the strike.

Time for BASSA to be put mercifully out of its own misery.