PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much are you in the red?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2002, 03:38
George Semel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back when I did my training, both airplanes and helicopters, the price of Coyote pelts were going from 25 to 55 bucks each. So I shot Coyote's in Montana for three winters. Finnished my training in a year or so and use the last winters pelts for a nest egg. That was back in 74. I started out with no debt and some 28 years later, I am still debt free. There are ways to get to where you what to be with out racking up a mountian load of debt. Over the years I worked as many as four jobs to keep things covered. In Aviation you need to be flexable and live a life style that is below your means. Things are tough now, not as tough as it was in the late 70's but its slow. So If i can get buy on 1200 a month thats what I do, and bank the rest. Also for you guys that are new flight instructors, pick a low rent area to work in, you may built your time a little slower but you will be able to better to keep your living expenses and bills in a some what check matter. And for god's sake dump the credit cards. It can be done, it just takes some work and effort.