PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Job were you doing before your first Flying job.
Old 8th May 2010, 18:16
F117A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Story

Worked 3 years as a passenger handling agent and another 4 in the operations department as a Load Controller and Flight Dispatcher with a handling agent. Even though I like my job very much, it was always my dream to fly for a living so I finally started flight training 3yrs ago and finished just over a year ago.

After I finished my flight training I needed a job desperately so I went to my old job in the operations, only to be hired on part-time basis. That meant trying to work as much hrs as possible so I can pay my training loan at the end of the month. Desperate to find a job, asking every single crew member I handled with no luck, I started to give more importance handling general aviation. Even though that meant having no life, going to work any time of the day and still earning pennies. Finally this paid off as I was making more realistic contacts. Through these contacts I now fly corporate on a Cirrus SR22 for a private owner. Hopefully this is the beginning so I can one day move up to the big jets.