PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview with Cathay Pacific
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2002, 02:24
jumpseat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name-calling, always a vital part of intelligent debate. Nice one IB57. Keep it coming. Please don't edit his posts BLue E. It's nice to observe our critics at work. I'm sure it must bring great comfort to Cathay Management that posters like IB57 are sympathetic to their cause, and I know it brings great pain to the AOA that he isn't on our team

Ignorance of the issues will unfortunately always be a hindrance to anyone trying to take part in the debate, for those not actually involved in the dispute. IB57 brings this point to the fore frequently

Similarly 411A, who calls anyone not happy with the constant contract abuse at CX an "AOA Malcontent" mmm. The vast majority of the CX workforce are "malcontent" 411. Not just the AOA. The Gate agents, Station managers (particularly in N. America & Europe), Flight attendants, Engineers, just about the whole company are malcontents. The AOA doesn't have a monopoly on that particular label. Senior managers are leaving Cathay. One particularly nice senior manager chappie, a malcontent, (last heard of in the Purchasing dept) has just departed to Emirates. Purchasing managers don't have seniority issues so it's easy to depart if they are "malcontents". ("I dont like running this department at CX so I'll go and run the Airline X dept instead") Pilots unfortunately tend to have to put their roots down at one particular airline because of the seniority system. If they feel the need for rebellion as a result of their contract being abused they are entirely entitled to show their discontent. The "if you don't like it shut up or leave" type approach doesn't apply here. I wish it did!
Again like IB57 your second to last post unfortunately is made without the benefit of an intimate knowledge of the issues. I can understand your ignorance of course as your attention is spread thinly over just about every issue being debated throughout the Pprune community. It is however terribly amusing to actually see how an airline executives' mind works. Thank you for that insight.

An interesting read in PDF format. Download and read at your leisure