PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2010, 14:19
Bizzle284

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Em773ER

I don't agree with the statement either. I met a two-year SO and he's loving life. You do get a decent amount of days off b/c the trips are so long. The housing is not that ugly and you wont live like a pauper.

I think the point that many have over-stressed to death is that if your not accustomed to living in Hong Kong, there will lots of adjustments needed. In America we are used to big apartments; the bigger the better. We have studio apartments that are bigger than some three bedrooms in Hong Kong. But, you've got to be able to adapt. The first time I went to Hong Kong, I thought everything was small. The next time I went to my friends house, it was like home away from home.

Like it was stated early, if you go to Hong Kong expecting to live the life you do now, and find places as big as the one you may have, you may go broke. But if you learn the lifestyle and adjust, you will have a great time and not be as worried about money (as many on this forum make it seem like you will be hard up for cash).

If only they knew what pilots start out making here at regional airlines...