PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Differences training - endorsement
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2010, 11:47
FlyingStone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Differences training - endorsement

Hi!

About a year ago, I did my differences training on C172 with a qualified FI. We did cross-country to short strip, where we performed few touch and goes, engine failure imitations and few stalls and steep turns en-route. At debriefing, he told me he was very satisfied with my performance and felt I was competent to fly C172. That being said, he allowed me to log the training as PIC (not PICUS but simply PIC) and that was it.

If I understand JAR correctly, JAR-FCL-1.325 says that differences training shall be entered in my logbook and signed by qualified FI/CRI, but the instructor who I did differences training with, told me that such entry was unnecessary since according to JAR, with valid SEP rating I can act as pilot-in-command of any single-piston engine aircraft.

The answer is: shall I pay a visit to the instructor to get C172 endorsement in the logbook or just fly (as I did for a year) as usually, relying that a valid SEP rating alone is enough? Any suggestions from FI/examiners would be highly appreciated.

PS: Can SEP revalidation be done as a part of CPL or SE/IR course (not skill test) if instructor is also an examiner?