PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Garmin Aera 500
Thread: Garmin Aera 500
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2010, 21:17
Scopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He he, I don't know much more. I bought the GPS in UK because it is cheaper than Spain, but the accesories are cheaper in this page. ActivaGPS.com | Tu Tienda GPS en Internet.=

I think I will buy the charger for the battery because is very uncomfortable to charge the GPS with the battery door remove.

By the way, a friend of mine is going to give me the private airports database, because in atlantic map it arenīt includes. So when I have it Iīll send you.

More things, you have a Jeppesen free single update by buy your aera, it is a code in a paper that you have to use in the next 90 days from your purchase date. You have to enter here ---> https://fly.garmin.com/fly-garmin/ and the create an account and follow the steps. The code is in the box, donīt forget to use it. I will do the next month.

In this page ---> Garmin: MapSource Updates & Downloads

You can download Mapsource software that is very useful to create routes, waypoints and to load maps or see your tracklogs. It is a very insterenting tool to our GPS. You will need it to load the private airports database.

I donīt remenber anything else by the moment.

Happy landings.

Last edited by Scopy; 7th May 2010 at 21:34.