PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A380...A Winner ?
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2010, 14:58
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't resist - have to wade in.

The A380 entered service at the worst possible economic time for starters.

Talking to mates senior at SQ J class is filling well ahead of Y and they are even considering extenting J over the complete upper deck.

Passenger appeal is a paramount concern and all the passengers I have had on QF EK and SQ Dugongs have loved how quiet and roomy they are.

As for boarding and disembarkation where is the problem? At airports I have got on and off the the girl there have been 2 chutes - 1 for upper and 1 for lower deck so it is actually better than boarding a QF763 where you have 260 odd pumped in through one door. Same applied with the 743s on the Perth run ex MEL and SYD.

Red T - the A380 takes more width at domestic and international terminals than a narrowbody, BUT QF have been running 743 equipment off domestic gates over the last few years. The A388 is not a busload wider in wingspan. Gates would naturally have to be modified for a 2 level unload/reload.

The Boeing 727 was my first "hero" closely followed by the 757.

I am afraid they paled into the ether after blasting out ouf SYD to AKL on Oscar Quebec Alpha.

The aeroplane just took all our breath away.

My passengers who fly A380 are similarly affected and ask for their services on the next flight they book.

I can't remember such a highly sought after aeroplane.

Best all

EWL