PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 how to save this landing
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2010, 06:57
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFLY

I am assuming that you were at VOBL RW27 approach?

How do you know it was 1.76 g landing? If you are getting your number from the load report, you may want to call either safety department or the FDR monitoring team and get the actual numbers. I've had smoothest of landings and the load report was 1.65 and had a very firm landing and load report was only 1.2. So it all depends on what you were doing one second before touch down.

Were you performing Config 3 landing? Not that it is going to make a difference but lack of drag could have saved you but than again you are a lot closer to tail strike as you approach with higher pitch attitude.

On the approach I always check the VLS calculated by FMGS and FAC (on the PFD). I make sure that the difference is minimum and that the FAC calculated VLS is not higher than FMGS. I have seen it in the past that the actual VLS (on PFD) was only 1 knot below Vapp and that calls for some interesting landing.

Like the others have said it earlier, I'd have increased the pitch, reduce the rod and hold it there until thrust starts spooling up, if you were in BLR runway length is not a problem. I know the reaction time is less, but if you do not go around, this would be your next best option. Have you ever landed with thrust? May be next time you fly with a TRI/TRE ask them if you could practice it, it will give you more insight on how aircraft reacts.

For hard landings, the bus will print the load report if it was above the parameters, you may have to check it with your engineering department since the report printing is inhibited in IndiGo aircrafts.

Last edited by DesiPilot; 7th May 2010 at 07:16.