PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets / Private Cabin Crew / VVIP / Amiri
Old 7th May 2010, 05:57
Mari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Presidential Flight/Qatar Amiri

I just read the posts...

I hope some of you got through at Presidential Flight. Well, I went through the whole process last year and I was NOT successful. They take very young ones now... No special requirements: they like you or not. Honestly, I felt that I was too old for them... It is my dream company but I failed. I don't have a second a chance. If you are young, try it. The girl who was taken from my interview was 24, no first class experience, only 2 years flying. Nice, clever, good-looking girl, white skin, black hair, big ass. They love British and Australians. I was the only one that day out of 7 who was not a native speaker. (No idea how I made it so far...) The package is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you can live in Dubai! It's safe, it's not Saudi, it's a good lifestyle.

I'm very disappointed that I did not make it but still: there is no better company in the Middle-East in my opinion. I cannot even try something else because it's the best and that's what I wanted.

My friend went for Qatar Amiri last year. (I don't want to live in Doha.) Salary is good. Tips as well. Lots of flying, lots of lots of flying - now, for her. Villa, yes, shared, so it's nice. If you go for the money: TAKE IT! My friend is over 30, 6 years flying. Another friend of mine made it as well, over 30, 7 years flying (not Middle-East) background. You can do it for 1-5 years for sure. Rules are not as strict as for the Qatar crew: you can lead a "normal" life.

What is "good money"? Let's just say: you don't do anything (no flying) and you make a salary of an Emirates First Class Crew who worked her ass off every month. If you fly: basic salary, plus duty pay, plus tips. Accomodation (or allowance) is much better.

I'm sorry but NetJets Europe crew (starting salary) make 4000 euro a month. Brutto. With allowances. It's not good if you pay taxes, healthcare, accomodation, transportation. I would only go for it if I'm really desperate for Europe. They might lay-off 250 people now, so there is not much chance this year...