PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hydraulics B757
Thread: Hydraulics B757
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2010, 20:37
zorsan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydraulics B757

Hi everybody.

-First of all,thank you to everybody for keeping posting interesting ideas.
One thing that makes me think is that I m veeeery far from what I should know.And that s only Hydraulics.But at least I m in track,trying to leasrn more.In fact,no type rating syllabus tells you even anything about the physical things:yes,they tell you you have 3 HYDS.But not a word about where are the reservoirs,hoses,pumps imputs...

I feel like some of the things you can only pick them up here...
Thanks Prober for keeping up,thanks Piper19 for that very specific info,and same to everybody else.

anyway,I have a question that I hope is a good one:

-1-Before Taxi,I saw a lot of people making a Recall and Cancel.After the recall only the Parking Brake message is shown on the EICAS.Ok.Then people just cancel it and start taxiing.
My questionis the following:shouldn t we wait,do not cancel that message, and wait to see that the message goes off when releasing Parking Brake?I mean,let s say we cancel the EICAS,and the message that particular day would have NOT disapperared when releasing the brakes:could that mean that we have NO ANTISKID?what about an RTO then?If the antiskid valves are the same,it apperas to me than we should never cancel that PB EICAS message,then release PB,see that the message then disappears,so we know we have anti-skid availabe.

2-Another one(less interesting):why do we actually pressurize first the R Hyd system?it says to prevent hyd fluid transfer.From which side to which side?why that doesn t happen if we pressurize the L first?
and why then R Eng,C1,then C2 then L Eng?Why not R eng,C2,C1,L eng,so just from R to L?

Good night to everybody