PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 6th May 2010, 16:57
mini cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read a lot of the previous posts about EK and Dubai which obvious raise concerns but I also know guys who are down their already and are mostly happy.
Most new guys are relatively happy until the rose tinted sunglasses come off, which is happening increasingly quickly nowadays, then reality hits home ie being a long way from home, being trapped with loans to pay off before being allowed to leave etc etc, its all been said before!! Wonder if your friends are still so happy after the latest financial hit. See the thread about the bonus / pay rise!

You state that there are things that raise concerns, that should already get you thinking!! At least when you get here for interview or even before if you can, try to talk to a variety of FOs /Capts here to get there views. The majority of guys will give you a good run down on what it used to be like and what it is like now!!

I repeat this again, Emirates is the LAST place you should contemplate, use it as a last resort NOT a garden of eden.

You have been warned!