PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopters and Volcanic Ash?
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2010, 16:42
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crab ...I am shocked However for once i was not trying to be a wind up merchant ....!!! I do genuinely believe that aviation companies have a real problem when their pilots actively try to seek reasons why NOT to fly I am certain there is NO evidence that any helicopter has EVER come to any harm from ash when flying in clear blue sky with 30nm + of viz Sorry Girls , Vol wotsit and Bogey ...accept it that you were just plain WRONG on this one . I reckon that most pilots on this site wanted to fly during the days when viz was excellent and were only stopped by their companies worries about insurance etc I understand them not flying but what i DONT understand is you guys who were DETERMINED not to fly ....posting photos of damaged engines from the airliner that lost all engines ....what relevance does that have !!!
Dont believe me , because i am an owner and you are obviously a bit chippy about that ....but why not believe some of the other posts from V experienced people like Crab and others ?? People like you just made the problem much worse pandering to it without using your brain first and sadly you are STILL doing that
If you really want to believe it is still dangerous and there is a mountain of ash in gin clear skies ,then there is only one thing to do ...make a stand and refuse to fly ...that would be the only sensible thing to do . I , like countless others ,believe you are wrong and that it is safe to fly when you can see the sky is clear .