PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2010, 09:07
EI Premier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to tell them that. His first question would be "Why then did they not text us to say that we are transferred onto that next flight?" Now, that would be real customer service.

From the DUB website EI have 8 cancellations before 9.30am. How come Ryanair have none at all tomorrow except one or two earlies to the closed Irish airports? Why couldn't EI get up a bit earlier and fly those planes the few miles up to DUB. No, my friends, sorry, but your excuses don't wash. The will just isn't there.
You are talking complete rubbish!!

How can Aer Lingus decide for passengers as to which flight they want to be transferred onto? Are they psychic? I don't think so! Is it really that much hassle for your friend to head to the ticket counter and get re-booked onto another flight. As CallBell outlined above, Aer Lingus are doing their very best in this unprecedented situation, by adding extra capacity onto routes.

Theres something you and your friend don't seem to understand. If all aircraft are NOT available for early morning operations then the flights simply cannot operate. Aer Lingus did their very best to get pax back from European destinations yesterday and aircraft had to divert to both ORK and SNN. How do you think they were going to position aircraft from SNN to DUB when SNN did NOT open for operations until 08.00 Hours this morning? Now, some destinations like Lisbon for example are only one flight per day most days of the week, so these destinations will be given priority in terms of aircraft available. LHR has multiple daily flights and your friend could easily be accomodated onto another flight.

What would your friend do if he was stranded in Europe like on the previous occasion and had to fork out a couple of thousand euro to get back over land/ferries?

There are no excuses being offered by anyone, the situation is clear to see. Your friend obviously doesn't have a clue about anything aviation related, especially in light of his wonderful last comment.

You know, if he wishes such ill will against Aer Lingus, why is he so desparate to fly with them?

I really pity the folks in the airline industry at the moment who will have to put up with the unwarranted vitriol that we have seen on this thread.