PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2010, 06:27
ellioy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Jorocketoz,

You are right in saying that there are 2 types of the maths test. There are plenty examples online about speed/dist/time and from memory there is a pretty good link to a forum containing a whole bunch of speed/dist/time questions within this forum, which is quite helpful.

The other math test, containing things like small decimals multiplying large whole numbers etc, is more about getting your approximations right. Practice doing calculations very quickly and getting an answer within +/-20% of the actual answer, as the test is multi-choice, the correct choice (from a/b/c/d or e) will be within 10-20% of the actual answer... if that makes sense!

It is an interesting test to study for, as throughout high-school you are taught to get EXACT answers, but for this test you must work extremely quickly getting close to the actual answer; which is a totally different way of thinking compared to studying for a year 11 or 12 math test.

You don't do any maths testing during the Assessment day. I'm not sure about Flight Screening, which I am just about to do (leave this Saturday). I have a feeling they will tell me not to divulge any information about the OSB, just like I was told at my Army Reserve OSB.

Elliot.

Last edited by ellioy; 6th May 2010 at 07:38.