PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2010, 21:14
EI320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IAA announced that Dublin is open from 4am and he had checked on the EI website where their flight was shown to be "on time". Huge relief all round.
Then he gets a beep on his mobile. Message from EI to say his flight is cancelled due to "Operational Reasons". In others words "We don't really give a about you. We've decided to send the plane somewhere else." His final words to me were" I hope the ba..rds go bust".
Aer Lingus have aircraft and crew stranded around Europe (as well as in Shannon and Cork). Your friend's cancellation is most likely because of the aircraft not being available, and even more importantly would there be a crew to man it?!
Exactly. There's quite a few DUB based 320's out of position tonight meaning that there simply won't be enough aircraft in Dublin tomorrow morning to operate a full schedule. There's at least 2 DUB based 320's in Cork and another 5-6 in Shannon. Possibly another couple elsewhere, I'm not sure.

It's about time that people stop trying to lay the blame on someone else for what's happening at the moment. There's nothing anyone can do about it, and it's certainly no ones fault. Your friend needs to get over himself/herself, and fast.

So what now? Well he/she could try and re-book himself on another Aer Lingus flight to London tomorrow. I suspect that most flights will be pretty full tomorrow so that might be easier said than done. Alternatively your friend can just re-book for another day or get a refund, and if their desperate to get to London, there's ample space available on the ferries.

His final words to me were" I hope the ba..rds go bust".
Classy