PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Serv International - Threads Merged
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2010, 18:14
aime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reply from: the poster

Hey, I am the one who told the story about Air Serv firing me for climbing a volcano in Goma.

About the climb:

The director knew where I was at all times and I had a phone. The climb was a team project and the reason why other Air Serv folks did not join are that we had to get up early and that most of them where recovering from a previous evening of partying...

Anyway. If you are going to fire someone for something then you fire them on the spot and not 3 weeks later.
If you are a good manager/director you say: " if you climb this mountain you are fired" beforehand since you know that there is a plan to climb. But the director/manager and her assistant - 2 fat blondes with a "know it all" attitude - could not put 2+2 together as far as work and teamwork went. Their biggest obsession had to do with their looks, loosing weight and being seen as "cool" at local NGO parties.

Now, i consider myself a very reliable individual and - unlike Air Serv - I do not abandon folks in the field whether I like them or not. Anyone who has known me for a while would say the same.

The soccer game on TV bs is complete nonsense.

As to the girlfriend riding on a revenue flight, she was an NGO, not my girlfriend, and since she was not listed on the passenger's manifest then it would be "yet another f*&^-up" from the office ladies. At anyrate I did not leave her in the field and everyone was brought back safely to the base.
She is now a Physician working abroad helping others.

We do agree though that the way Air Serv abandon me in the field was terribly under-handed and it says a lot about the uneven character of the director/manager.

Any more questions?

Yours truly,

Last edited by aime; 4th Nov 2013 at 01:22.