PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 how to save this landing
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2010, 17:41
PT6A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IFLY

What did your Captain say?

He might be your best bet for some ideas on how to "save" the landing.

You have some very high time airbus drivers at Indigo, who I'm sure would be more than willing to share their experience with you.

I agree with some of the other comments made so far.. In that you can't rely on the automation to save the landing.

Keep a good eye on what the winds are doing... or have your PM to do that... watch for a trend and be ready to respond.

At what point did you take out the A/P? If you are low time, esp with the silly rules in India... where you as a F/O can't takeoff and and land unless on a special list (yes that right! a FO can NOT take off and land unless with a TRI/TRE)

You should consider taking out as much automation as you can... learning how to fly the aircraft by hand.. and building up the reflexes so it is second nature and you will see a trend developing much sooner.

Also, if things start to look bad... offer control back to the left... or GO AROUND.

If you ever fly something bigger... you really need to think about a tail strike as from what you say happened that was on the cards...

Just my 2 cents.

PT6A