PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th May 2010, 12:56
Beagle9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: Ottergirl
ONCE AGAIN, how would it be, in any way, in the company's interests, to have the likes of me, a 28 year seniority CSD, sat at home ON FULL (SUBSTANTIAL) BASIC PAY AND FULL PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS not doing anything?
Err, thats exactly what has been happening to Eurofleet CSDs for the last eighteen months.

Ottergirl, come on, you know as well as I do (or I assume you do if you have a real understanding of the current situation) that the fact that CSDs have had less work for the past few months, is simply down to the fact that the company is waiting for settlement of this dispute so that it can release more CSDs and PSRs onto part time contracts. At the moment, with the reduced flying programme there are a surplus of Eurofleet CSDs. It's not to BA's advantage that this continues indefinately. And actually I haven't had loads of non ops, I've had quite enough work to tide me over, once I've filled some of the availables.

On your second point, regarding not being able to do a part time job with a roster full of availables. I can actually, as I have trade skills, so I could work at short notice, or work on rostered days off. I'm not anticipating having to do that, for all the reasons I've stated previously, but if you believe BASSA's scare stories so much, wouldn't it be worth your while starting to train for something that you can do to tide you over?

Believe me, there's lots of people that would envy you being on 100% full time basic and pensions contributions, but having plenty of spare time to do something else.