PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Job were you doing before your first Flying job.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:56
FougaMagister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You must have come accross fairly interviewers. After I got my shiny blue licence (early 2003), there were no jobs around (sounds familiar...) So I went back to Cabin Crew. Had an interview for direct entry Senior C/C, during which the interviewer asked me wether I would leave if I got the chance of a flying job. I looked at her straight in the eye and said: "of course I would!" I got the job...

After that contract, I had several interviews for Flight Dispatcher positions at my (then) local airport (BHX); none of the interviewers even asked me whether I would leave for my first flying job, since it was evident I would! Again, I passed all interviews and even had my choice of handling agent; a job I did (part- and full-time) for 3 years. Great experience for learning, networking, getting known by the airlines, and even handing your CV to the right persons... In our office, there were always 3-4 frozen ATPLs among the 20 or so dispatchers. Most got a flying job that way.

Clever Ops/handling agents recruiters would know the added value they get by hiring someone who has a frozen ATPL. The others obviously don't have a clue about the business.

Cheers