PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek bonus
Thread: Ek bonus
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2010, 08:54
Check 'Six'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mana, actually for your information.

The management of this airline have systematically reduced and taken away as you would say over the last number of years a huge amount of our earnings.

It started with Chris Knowles when he decided that we were getting paid far too much money in the old sysytem, which was being paid per duty for the company. That method of payment was placed under the famous "REVIEW"

Chris Knowles was later removed from office.

Along comes Alan and Ed. In Alan's office he told me that this previous method of payment would be placed under "REVIEW"and if the pilot's income was less over this period they would look at re introducing this method back. That never happened! For obvious reasons, because when I look at the bottom left hand corner of my roster it still reads about 120 hrs duty per month. Now as Ed would say mathematics 101 is quite simple. 120 hours duty for the company equates to a lot of money in my pocket. And by the way? That is why I am here!

So we now rapidly move ahead to where we stand today? The productivity now gets a huge knock on the head, from 75 odd to 92 something. Absolutely ridiculous! Why? Because most of us are clocking 95 odd hours a month and there is no way that they wish to pay these rates. Because our former illustrious leader Ed, suggested on many occasions that the ULR operation was not that challenging or hard on our bodies? Really Ed? That must obviously come from his former extensive experience as a long haul pilot????
And furthermore, he could prove that this was not a pay cut. Wow!!! I am not only impressed with his experience as pilot, manager etc.... But mathematically he is an absolute genius!!!!

So there you have it!! And please do me a favour. Do not refer to contracts at all! I have been here long enough to observe all the negative changes in my contract that have cost me a significant loss of income over the years.

Check Six