PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 4th May 2010, 17:45
Beagle9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"New fleet kicks off and we lose work." - jockmctavish

Please, please,please, jockmctavish, not this old chestnut. Not the old "New Fleet means you'll all be sat at home with no work" BASSA mantra that I STILL hear from crew 18 months after this nonsense was originally spouted.

ONCE AGAIN, how would it be, in any way, in the company's interests, to have the likes of me, a 28 year seniority CSD, sat at home ON FULL (SUBSTANTIAL) BASIC PAY AND FULL PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS not doing anything?

Even if you take BASSA's slightly watered down, "Stuck at home with very little work", how would that benefit BA? Don't you think that those crew on 50% part-time contracts might be more than a little envious of me, doing the same workload as them for FULL 100% pay?

If there were any chance of this, I'd be saying to BA, YES PLEASE! Where do you want me to sign? I'd then go and do a nice little part time job with all that time off to top up my earnings. Happy days. Except it won't happen. It doesn't make sense. The trouble is, people read something BASSA writes and don't actually sit down to think it through. If more people did, we wouldn't be in this dangerous mess.