PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny Things Happen in The Air Force
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2010, 12:24
Edthedruid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A different mainland RNZAF base in the mid-80s. Monday morning base parade. Base W/O marches up to a tall, gangly, scruffy corporal. "Corporal Blah, that uniform looks like you slept in it!". "I did sir". Yes, under the Corporals' Club bar where he had inadvertently been left when they locked up the night before. He had been on jankers, which was why he had turned up at the club in his best (No.3) uniform.

Same parade ground some weeks later. Full-dress rehearsal for a big parade, with the Base Commander carrying out the inspection. The good Group Captain, an engineering officer, was not known as Hardnose for nothing. His bark was bad, his bite was downright nasty. Parade's all ready to go, Hardnose starts his inspection and stops in front of an LAC. "I hope you've got a better pair of shoes than that, laddie?". "Yes, I have sir". "Well, why aren't you wearing them?". "Oh, I keep those for parades sir". "WELL WHAT THE EFFING HELL DO YOU THINK THIS IS?. BASE W/O, SEE TO THIS HORRIBLE LITTLE OBJECT!". Turns out he was saving his good shoes for the REAL parade!

Last edited by Edthedruid; 4th May 2010 at 12:54.