PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2010, 11:19
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Missing the point...............

I still think that some of the posters on here and on the crew thread are missing the point.

In my post 1271 I tried to "think" my way in to the Bassa mindset.

In crude summary, they really do not care about all this short term kerfuffle that WW has started.

In a couple of years, he'll have left to get a decent package somewhere else - maybe tax free in Emirates/Etihad, (0 tax rather than 50% tax) and all the old practices will be restored.

Most of the previous managers are still in place, and their grovelling approach to Bassa will be re-instated. No-one will get hot towels, not just in WT+.
Those fired by the WW regime will all get their jobs back, and Bassa will continue to be the real Executive for BA CC. The managers will grovel like they used to.

Bassa are takingthe 30 year view - WW is just taking a year by year view.

If BA really want to change they need to do what the old British Gas did, and remove the vast majority of the top 3 layers, and they need to import lots of non-Aviation types, who know about customer service.
(One of those removed in the BG purge is a "Director" in Aviation).

Can you imagine Tesco, Dulux, B & Q or Carphone Warehouse ringing up their "Union" (ifthey have one) asking the Union's permission to help customers??

BA are still doing that!!!! - they asked the Union for their permission to rescue customers and staff stuck in HKG. Complete madness.