PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2010, 09:25
orangoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemony

Lets accept this approach. Lets assume you did not practice for s2. But did you practice for s1 and s3? Of course you did. I can not accept that as a valid arguement, having prepared for s1 and s3 and suggesting that I shouldnt prepare for s2. Yes, mental agility I suppose is a priority in this field, but does that apply only for s2? Mental agility was not important for s1 and s3? In your first interview (excluding NATS) did you go prepared? Did you read about the company that you were applying? Or you wanted to see how fast you can think and impress the HR personnel? I dont suppose so. Statistically speaking, if there is a way to go through the figures, you will observe a high correlation with those that want to be prepared in tasks and their mental agility. Individuals that are used to prepare before every task, are the ones that "yield" better results that those that dont. Those that are desperately seeking for tests related in s2 (likemyself) are those that have (statistically) better chances to go through s2. Of course there are a friend of a friend of a friend that did not prepare for s2 and still passed, and someone else that did prepare and did not pass. These guys are on the 5% of the probability matrix. Since I am going for the 95% and the certainty, I am seeking for ways to improve. Being prepared s2, will further increase my ability to think faster when pressure is present, and there is noone that can deny that.