PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand ATC jobs
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2010, 00:46
AngeleToR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tarq57, I've already read about the high UV index in NZ, thank you very much... Luckily for us, being from Spain, we also 'enjoy' lots of sunlight during the summer, and our skin is not as white as european people, we get really tanned really fast. That doesn't mean I spit in the face of danger, my grandfather died with skin cancer, and I have lots of spots in my skin, so we don't play with that. My wife needs, more than sun to be the whole day lying getting tanned, just some months of nice weather, and that those sum more than the 'grey foggy' ones.
Gate4, I've already sent all my data to HHRR staff via that page, back in midde february, but still no answer either way. That's the reason for the trip, showing some REAL interest and having an interview face to face, may the chance arise. Anyway, as I told, ATC is not the only thing I can do, in fact I've got a better curriculum as IT manager than ATC, job that I left to become ATC. Of course I love my current job, but my family is the first for me and if I had to leave control for them, I won't doubt in doing so... In fact, in Spain, I will give it up anyway and return to IT, should we decide to stay or couldn't get a job there... Hard times here, too much pressure and some incredible laws where just culture is just a fancy word void of meaning. Just recall the incredible situation with the two italian ATCOs imprisoned for doing their job, in Spain will be MUCH worse if that ever happens... I don't want to bore you, we can talk about this subjects for hours (with a fresh beer nearby, of course in my account).
Well guys, it's 02.43 local (00.43UTC) in this side of the world, have a good day there and hope to see you soon!!!
Angel