PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deer Air
Thread: Deer Air
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2010, 00:20
dadof6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to PEK for 18 April screening with Deer. Passed the written test but failed the medical. I am so glad i failed. Reason: thyroid medication...told no pilots can fly in china on any medication...have been using for ten years and have a category one medical.

This was a dog and pony show! We were treated like s. I simply don't see how this company will attract and retain foreign pilots with the treatment we received. The whole screening was so amateurish i fail to see how this company can suceed.

Wrote the exam in Tianjin...3 hour bus ride that turned into 5 1/2 hrs due traffic. The train would have taken 45 mins. Pick up was at 06:00 with no breakfast and then expected to travel and write crucial exam. Fortunately, examiner let us into afternoon exam session or trip would have been wasted. All three of us passed.

Sat around for two days in hotel in middle of screening week and shown no goodwill by Deer or Parc in form of city tour, dinner or real estate/apartment visits. Colleagues that went to Spring screening treated far better.

The Deer owned hotel stunk, literally. Even with bathroom door closed and drains covered it was pungent! Hotel staff was belligerent when I tried to change rooms. Put up in unrenovated wing of hotel. Staff constantly shouting in hallway and banging door across from room..

Was so glad to leave that cesspool and never plan to return. Contract flying is not for me...I have a great job and don't need this abuse or insulting and demeaning treatment.

Be forewarned! I had flown to PEK, PVG and HKG many, many times for one day layovers in recent past while flying the A340. I thought I knew the place, culture and ways of business. Man was I mistaken and am so glad I saw this. Its now one thing i know i do not want to do. Good Luck to those that do!

Last edited by dadof6; 18th May 2010 at 14:48.