PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2010, 15:43
fourgolds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nolimit , thats about the best statement on the entire saga so far.
I could not agree more. Good post.

I am in EK and would like nothing more than regular flights to Canada. However its not a level playing field for all the reasons you stated.
As mentioned ( even the cleaning staff in Canada have certain rights and a minimum standard of living that the law watches over) , whereas "all" staff at EK have no recourse . Its not about protecting AC , but has to do with a much bigger picture protecting the Canadian way of life. I am with the Canadian Gov on this one and I hope they block EK.

Flights back home are so full on EK , and off course we only get one annual leave ticket. So when you take the rest off your leave you face enormous stress if you will get back. So like passenger " X" I just by a confirmed seat ( economy) , but never on EK . Always on the ' western' competition. I believe in giving my money to organisations that represent a more agreeable/ people orientated/fair/ humane system( even if the tickets might be a few 100dhs more on occassion). The stopover in Europe is a nice break on the way home.
Not to mention how good it feels as a " customer" to exercise my choice of carrier.

Much more transparency and fairplay required.

Last edited by fourgolds; 3rd May 2010 at 16:09.