PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:56
keenas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Herkman,

You quite clearly have no understanding about flying Fast Jets and just resort to bagging them like most trashies. So i thought i should educate the hopefuls on this forum in regards to your statement.

"The first is leadership, coupled to management which is harder to gain when you are sitting there all by yourself. However to be part of a crew, which eventually you will lead as a Captain, multi engine experience will develope skills that you will rarely achieve quickly being a jet pilot."

When do fighters ever do something as a single ship? The answer is never in case you were wondering! You say that you will not get leadership experience as a Fast Jet pilot?

As a Multi pilot, sure you will be in charge of a crew, of probably 3, all in the same cockpit, a few feet from each other, working together to drive 1 aircraft around the sky, probably using auto pilot.

As a Fast Jet pilot, sure you will fly your own aircraft, as Captain. You will also lead up to 4-8 other aircraft in formation, making you responsible for not only your own aircraft, but 3 others. At the same time you will be working a radar, maintaining visual with your wingys, listening to GCI, and throwing rockets down range, all while handflying and with nobody sitting next to you to help. This is all before getting to a merge where things really start to get dynamic and difficult, oh by the way you are still required to lead your wingy through the fight and out the other side.

But i guess there is no leadership learnt flying fast Jets?