PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C210 Endo/typecheck
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:07
gassed budgie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
I read though it was an 'A" model meaning it had struts but all the same whenever I flew a C210 I often wondered:-)
G'day Wally. I've worried about those bolts on the 210's about as much as I've worried about the wing attach bolts on any of the Bonanza's or Sarartoga's that I've flown over the years. In other words, not a lot.
Having flown the Cirrus quite a bit over the last couple of years, I was rather surprised at the sound that greeted me when I tapped/knocked on the spar carry through structure on one of those recently. It sounded rather like a hollow cardboard box. I did wonder about that one and how much 'meat' there was in the airframe. More than enough I suppose.
But give me a 210 any day. Just as fast with an extra hour of fuel in the tanks and another two seats way down the back.
It's been suggested above that the 210's are a relatively easy aeroplane to fly and they are. Just remember though, a fully loaded 210 with the C of G sitting on the aft limit is a different machine to fly than one with a lighter load and a forward C of G.

Any excuse to post a nice shot of the fabulous 210 (sourced from elsewhere on the web I might add).