PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hour Building Ideas / ownership / routes? (Merged)
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:17
CraigyD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bournemouth Pilot,

CraigyD i think we're on the same wavelength. With all the forums looking so bleak on the job front may as well not rush the hour building too much and do something creative that may make employers take notice? When you say Cali - do you mean in Colombia or California?!
I would say we are, there is no rush at all with the state of the job market at the moment! Just remember the time limits for finishing exams and gaining a (f)ATPL! Im a believer in the philosophy that if us wannabes don't give up, we'll get there eventually!

When do you start your ATPLs? Im starting mine tomorrow !

I work as cabin crew for Easy at the moment and get to chat to the flight crew all the time, they have all said do something creative. You won't often get the chance to do 100hrs of flying like this so why not do something a bit adventurous! For that reason I think its worth the extra $$! It may or may not get you noticed, I couldn't say, but I personally feel that having extra ratings on my licence will make me a better pilot (by mastering new skills) and hope it will make my CV stand out from the rest.

There are loads of ways to go about this, shares, rental etc. I think you need to weigh up all the options from research and advice given and do what you feel suits you best.

Cali - California

Craigyd