PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joys of a window seat
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2010, 01:08
Pohutu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying is my time out, when I've got little to do but contemplate. So it's a window seat every time for me too, but it's getting complicated. As well as the sunrise and which-side-of-the-plane-for-landing, there's also the moon to take into account. I haven't quite got to the stage of organising my flights and seats around the full moon, but if they happen to coincide, then I have to be on that side. The view at night takes my breath away every time.

When travelling in company, it will depend on the lady and if she is very keen for the window I may well relent! On the occaisons that I have been to a destination before, then I always let my companion take the window to see the view.

Your travelling companions are very fortunate! Being one of those ladies who is very keen for the window, I have come up against this conundrum pretty often, but it's generally only been resolved by sitting in separate rows. Mind you, that was nothing to the debate which ensued one time when two of us were informed on checking in together that the flight was overbooked and one of us would need to be upgraded....

As for favourite arrivals, for me, the central London approach is great, but my absolute favourite would have to be coming in to Auckland on a clear day from the west, with a view of the snow on Mt Taranaki over 200k in the distance.