PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rules re flying G reg on FAA licence
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:19
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rules re flying G reg on FAA licence

The old rule of thumb was you have to have 2 out of 3 ....when flying abroad. Ie UK licence on G reg or FAA on N reg abroad, but i am told that now, with the new so called open sky, you can fly a G reg in Europe on your FAA ticket . Does anybody know the FACTS ?? I have heard loads of speculation but would like to know the facts . I am going to be flying a G reg machine around Europe soon and face having to get the type on my licence ( i have been flying this machine for the last 6 months and done around 100 hrs ). Typically the CAA make this a painful operation , as they are trying to stop all aviation in this country Do i have to just sit a check ride ? of course not ....a written exam followed by a check ride ? Dont be stupid !!!!! No , i have to do 3 hours of training and then bring an examiner up from the South to do the test What a load of rubbish ....nearly 4 hours of flying and a whole load of fees just in the name of red tape . If its a grey area maybe someone should put it to the test?
Flying abroad can be the ONLY reason that anyone would want a CAA licence is it not ? AND you get your night rating built in at the same time .
ps forgot to say that an instructor has checked with someone at the CAA and they were not sure .........