PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pirate bird
Thread: Pirate bird
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:54
planecrazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently it carries UN staff
I can't help miss the "Russian aircraft" flying for the UN and it brought back memories from 18 years back in Angola.

My then colleague wanted to buy an African Grey parrot for the pilot house and he promptly went over to the IL-76 crew who were also flying for the UN to ask for a favor. He wanted to them to buy an African Grey parrot in the north east of Angola on their next trip during the week. They invited him in and offered him a vodka or two at 10am. My friend declined the vodka and showed them his walkie-talkie , he said he was on standby and asked them to get him a grey parrot on their next trip. The conversation got involved and more vodka flowed when all of a sudden the drinking stopped and the IL-76 crew got up and walked out. My friend asked if this was inconvenient time and apologized for interrupting their socializing time in UN camp.

The captain turned around and said " No Problem, we fly now and fetch the bird" and so they did. 6pm there was an African grey parrot in the house!

The point is, anything is possible in Africa