PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joys of a window seat
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:18
ulxima

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm also fond of the idiots who will stand in the aisle and stretch a bit, oblivious to those behind
I am one of them and I see nothing wrong with this.
Here the reasons why I choose an aisle seat:
1) I do not like to disturb, so I can stand up and take my laptop or anything else I might need from the overhead when I need it (except when belt sign is on)
2) like point 1, so on LH I can stand up and go to the toilet or to the bar behind (or in front) when I need it (same exception as per point 1 applies)
3) as soon as the cockpit crew turn off the belt sign at the gate (or at the parking stand) I like to unfast the belts, stand up and stretch a bit, whatever this "bit" is long (however within reasons). I let all the passenger who are in front of me (and it means also those seated on a window seat) to get out first, I do not jump over them and I am not in a hurry.
4) I am not disturbed by the trolley or by other passengers (or children) passing nearby
5) I know most passengers prefer window seats, so 9 out of 10 I find the seat I like most
6) I have a better view of the safety briefing (yes, I am among those Frequent Idiots, Platinum Cardholders, who listen to and watch to every safety briefing with great attention and respect).
7) I have a better view of cabin layout and, if necessary, of vacant seats (or rows) that could be of interest to me.

You can continue to call me idiot. I do not really care, I am fine with my way. Please continue to choose your window seat and thank you for remaining seated at the arrival gate.

Ciao
Ulxima