PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 2nd May 2010, 21:39
HiFlyer14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ottergirl, I can't find your alleged quote in the webchat; but I have found these 2 direct quotes made by BF:

As this is based entirely on the agreement put to Unite on the 19th March 2010 before any strikes, why is it now acceptable apart from the loss of Staff Travel?

What I don't understand is that the latest agreement is based entirely on the same proposal given to Unite on the 19th March 2010. If the proposal is now acceptable to you, why did some crew go on strike and put their Staff Travel at risk?
Neither seem "intentionally provactive" to me; just genuine questions, and ones which we should all be asking of the strikers.

They will be in a worse position than if they never started this IA and, if that happens, the recriminations will be interesting.
Actually, we (the entire cabin crew community) are already in a worse position than if the IA had never happened.

We have lost a lot. Extra free ticket. Bonus option. Share scheme incentive. And now we can add: language pay, telephone allowance, etc to the list. Oh, and of course, the immediate implementation of New Fleet due to 184 crew going back on.

And don't forget, the company has lost £43m.

Whoever heard of a Union, one of the biggest and wealthiest in the country, literally turning down benefits and incentives and good deals from the employer without consultation of the membership? The crimes they have committed are now bordering on criminal. Who are they accountable to?

Many of us have tried to warn the strikers of the consequences. We have been proved right, but still they fail to listen. Quite frankly, if they can't see the writing on the wall now, then they never will.

To anyone who chooses to reject this offer and strike, good luck. You will most definitely need it.

I am BA cabin crew and this is my own viewpoint and not that of BA.